PL1TAX is a psuedo programing language. Actually, PL1TAX is a pre-processor, that translates PL1TAX source statements into proper PL/1 language statements. This translation process is transparent to the user. Thus the user need only understend the PL1TAX language to use it.
PL1TAX functional capabilities:
- General Processing
- PL1TAX reads one record at a time.
- Each record is processed one at a time.
- Each record is subject to user processing (if supplied).
- Each record is then passsed to each table and each report for processing.
- Cross-tabluations tables
- These are tables produced consisting of 1, 2, or 3 nested stub variables, and 0 or 1 spread variables. The stub and spread variables may consist of individual values, or grouped values.
- Table cells may consist of counts or accumulations.
- Table contents are subject to user supplied constraints.
- Stub and spread totals are generated automatically.
- Stub row subtotals are generated automatically for multiple stubs.
- Percents by Grand total, row total, and column total may be generated.
- Stub and spread values may be replaced by user defined labels.
- Titles and footnotes are generated by user specification.
- Report listings
- Reports consist of a list of variables and literals.
- Sort and control break conditions may be specified.
- Titles are generated by user specification.
- Reports contents are subject to user supplied constraints.
- Instruction processing.
- Record variables may be processed by arithmetic and string operations.
- Logical if-elseif-else-endif processing is availiable.
- Sets of variables may be printed and/or written to data files.
- The SELECT statement is used to filter records for subsequent processing.
- Variable definition.
- Variables may be defined as part of the input record.
- Variables may be defined as part of working storage.
- Variables may be defined as functions of other variables.
- Lookup functions may be defined by the user.